Petty-minded over parking in Welwyn
SIR – How petty minded can you get?
Because they [the borough council] lost in charging car park fees in Welwyn village (thus killing the village off), they now come up with new way to do it; put down double yellow lines.
Do we need them? NO.
You can tell they are not gardeners, because allotment holders need to park in Lockleys Drive to take their tools out of their cars.
Should we vote next month?
You may also want to watch:
Norman Powell, via email.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Police disperse large group near the university
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules