People in glass houses...
SIR – I read with interest in last week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times about Grant Shapps, obviously delighted with himself for uncovering a large amount of money being wasted by a Government department on plants and flowers.
This is evidence of party unfit for power, having ‘lost the plot’, he proudly declared.
Well Mr Shapps, if you take a closer look at your own party with its claims for moats, duck houses, house flippings and invisible sub-lettings, need I go on?
You may well come to the same conclusion, that many members of your own party have ‘lost the plot,’ and are therefore unfit to stand at the next general election.
What’s that they say, ‘People in glass houses . . .
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes