People in glass houses...
SIR – I read with interest in last week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times about Grant Shapps, obviously delighted with himself for uncovering a large amount of money being wasted by a Government department on plants and flowers.
This is evidence of party unfit for power, having ‘lost the plot’, he proudly declared.
Well Mr Shapps, if you take a closer look at your own party with its claims for moats, duck houses, house flippings and invisible sub-lettings, need I go on?
You may well come to the same conclusion, that many members of your own party have ‘lost the plot,’ and are therefore unfit to stand at the next general election.
What’s that they say, ‘People in glass houses . . .
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire