People and airfields do not mix
SIR – Regarding Panshanger Airfield. I wonder if Mr Baker has read the notices carefully? They are written under the Anti-Terrorism Act and are to protect this country from another incident such as 9/11; Heaven forbid it should happen again in this count
SIR - Regarding Panshanger Airfield. I wonder if Mr Baker has read the notices carefully?
They are written under the Anti-Terrorism Act and are to protect this country from another incident such as 9/11; Heaven forbid it should happen again in this country.
The pilots of those aircraft were 'trained to fly' at local flying clubs.
There are other reasons why people should not enter this airfield - reasonable ones too!
For a start, it does happen to be private property and I wonder what would happen if people started walking their dogs on Mr Baker's property without the courtesy of asking?
Secondly, and much more serious, people walking on an active airfield are putting themselves and others in danger.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 5 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 8 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
This is not supposition, as until fairly recently I used to fly from Panshanger and on more than one occasion I have seen people walking across the approach to the runway when coming in to land.
People do not belong on an airfield unless they are members of the flying fraternity or passengers. Please see sense in this Mr Baker.
Geoff Follett, via email.