People and airfields do not mix
SIR – Regarding Panshanger Airfield. I wonder if Mr Baker has read the notices carefully? They are written under the Anti-Terrorism Act and are to protect this country from another incident such as 9/11; Heaven forbid it should happen again in this count
SIR - Regarding Panshanger Airfield. I wonder if Mr Baker has read the notices carefully?
They are written under the Anti-Terrorism Act and are to protect this country from another incident such as 9/11; Heaven forbid it should happen again in this country.
The pilots of those aircraft were 'trained to fly' at local flying clubs.
There are other reasons why people should not enter this airfield - reasonable ones too!
You may also want to watch:
For a start, it does happen to be private property and I wonder what would happen if people started walking their dogs on Mr Baker's property without the courtesy of asking?
Secondly, and much more serious, people walking on an active airfield are putting themselves and others in danger.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
This is not supposition, as until fairly recently I used to fly from Panshanger and on more than one occasion I have seen people walking across the approach to the runway when coming in to land.
People do not belong on an airfield unless they are members of the flying fraternity or passengers. Please see sense in this Mr Baker.
Geoff Follett, via email.