Pavements were like an ice rink
SIR – I can only assume that the council is on referral commission from the A&E department if the state of pavements in the town is any indication.
The last shopping weekend before Christmas in combination with a fall of snow, that had been forecasted, rendered the pavements in the centre of town dangerously treacherous for many shoppers.
I had erroneously assumed that my council tax contributions were used to maintain public byways in such adverse weather, but it seems instead that our council has unilaterally elected to give us our very own ice-rink!
A disgraceful abdication of responsibility for public safety.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town