Pavements were like an ice rink
SIR – I can only assume that the council is on referral commission from the A&E department if the state of pavements in the town is any indication.
The last shopping weekend before Christmas in combination with a fall of snow, that had been forecasted, rendered the pavements in the centre of town dangerously treacherous for many shoppers.
I had erroneously assumed that my council tax contributions were used to maintain public byways in such adverse weather, but it seems instead that our council has unilaterally elected to give us our very own ice-rink!
A disgraceful abdication of responsibility for public safety.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park