Pavements were like an ice rink
SIR – I can only assume that the council is on referral commission from the A&E department if the state of pavements in the town is any indication.
The last shopping weekend before Christmas in combination with a fall of snow, that had been forecasted, rendered the pavements in the centre of town dangerously treacherous for many shoppers.
I had erroneously assumed that my council tax contributions were used to maintain public byways in such adverse weather, but it seems instead that our council has unilaterally elected to give us our very own ice-rink!
A disgraceful abdication of responsibility for public safety.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield