Pavements were like an ice rink
SIR – I can only assume that the council is on referral commission from the A&E department if the state of pavements in the town is any indication.
The last shopping weekend before Christmas in combination with a fall of snow, that had been forecasted, rendered the pavements in the centre of town dangerously treacherous for many shoppers.
I had erroneously assumed that my council tax contributions were used to maintain public byways in such adverse weather, but it seems instead that our council has unilaterally elected to give us our very own ice-rink!
A disgraceful abdication of responsibility for public safety.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes