Path going somewhere
SIR – In response to Mr Kimm s letter and photograph about the footpath in Peartree Lane (WHT, February 4): The resurfacing was carried out by the county council and I have already told them about 12 places along the path where puddles are forming, and re
SIR - In response to Mr Kimm's letter and photograph about the footpath in Peartree Lane (WHT, February 4): The resurfacing was carried out by the county council and I have already told them about 12 places along the path where puddles are forming, and repairs are needed.
The whole footpath will be inspected for defects shortly.
I have also told the council about the damage to the visually-impaired crossing outside the school, which he highlighted.
As regards vehicles abusing the footpath and a need for bollards to protect it, this has been a blind spot with neither borough nor county council willing to take action.
You may also want to watch:
I think I have now broken this logjam, so we can look to see how best to protect the footpath. I agree that it is regrettable the police are not interested.
I thank Mr Kimm for the compliment about getting things done; I will be pursuing this issue to a conclusion.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Malcolm Cowan, county and borough councillor, Peartree Ward.