Path getting us nowhere
SIR – I write about the story regarding the alley that runs from Briars Lane to Woods Avenue in Bishop s Hatfield Girls School and St Philip Howard Catholic School (WHT, June 18). I too am a parent that uses this alley to get my children to and from sch
SIR - I write about the story regarding the alley that runs from Briars Lane to Woods Avenue in Bishop's Hatfield Girls' School and St Philip Howard Catholic School (WHT, June 18).
I too am a parent that uses this alley to get my children to and from school. I am disgusted at the way it has been allowed to get in such a state and because of this I have been forced to drive my children to school and park in the already congested Woods Avenue.
I originally logged a complaint about the alley with WHC in May asking for it to be to be cleared, only to be advised that it belonged to Herts County Council. I then took the matter forward with HCC who in turn advised me that the alley belonged to Children, Schools and Families Department.
I then logged a complaint with HCC via their e-mail service and was advised that somebody from this department would be in contact with me, but guess what - I am still waiting!
You may also want to watch:
With all the press about how obese our children are getting, walk-to-school weeks and 'walking buses' that are being set up in the county you would think that HCC would get on board with the clearance of this well used alley and have it regularly maintained.
Perhaps our MP could get on the case to have this alley sorted once and for all for the health and safety of our children!!
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Zoe Gouldthorpe, High Dells, Hatfield