Parking: time for action
Sir – Wth reference to the letter from Andrew Westfield, I wholeheartedly agree with him, as do many other local residents living in the Knightsfield area near Shire Park. I can answer Andrew s question about parking spaces on Shire Park as I walk daily
Sir - Wth reference to the letter from Andrew Westfield, I wholeheartedly agree with him, as do many other local residents living in the Knightsfield area near Shire Park.
I can answer Andrew's question about parking spaces on Shire Park as I walk daily through to my office. There are always plenty of spaces but the reason people park outside on Knightsfield is because they want a "quick getaway" at the end of the day. If they use the car parks inside Shire Park they have to queue up to leave which they have no intention of doing.
I have written to two major employers on Shire Park who assure me that their staff don't park outside. Oh? Do they check every day? I asked one guilty car owner where he worked and he told me he did work for one of these major employers.
As Andrew says, the local authorities must be aware of the problems and safety issues. Indeed are they going to do anything about it?
You may also want to watch:
Name and address withheld.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan