Parking: time for action
Sir – Wth reference to the letter from Andrew Westfield, I wholeheartedly agree with him, as do many other local residents living in the Knightsfield area near Shire Park. I can answer Andrew s question about parking spaces on Shire Park as I walk daily
Sir - Wth reference to the letter from Andrew Westfield, I wholeheartedly agree with him, as do many other local residents living in the Knightsfield area near Shire Park.
I can answer Andrew's question about parking spaces on Shire Park as I walk daily through to my office. There are always plenty of spaces but the reason people park outside on Knightsfield is because they want a "quick getaway" at the end of the day. If they use the car parks inside Shire Park they have to queue up to leave which they have no intention of doing.
I have written to two major employers on Shire Park who assure me that their staff don't park outside. Oh? Do they check every day? I asked one guilty car owner where he worked and he told me he did work for one of these major employers.
As Andrew says, the local authorities must be aware of the problems and safety issues. Indeed are they going to do anything about it?
You may also want to watch:
Name and address withheld.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM