Parking fee hike is stealth rise
SIR – From December 1, there should have been a reduction in the car park price at Welwyn North to about �4.70 as a result of the VAT reduction to 15 per cent. This makes the price rise to �5.30 even more greedy in my opinion and effectively a stealth ri
SIR - From December 1, there should have been a reduction in the car park price at Welwyn North to about �4.70 as a result of the VAT reduction to 15 per cent. This makes the price rise to �5.30 even more greedy in my opinion and effectively a 'stealth rise'.
NCP who operate the car park have published this on their website:
"NCP and the VAT reduction
NCP supports the Government decision to reduce VAT and will pass on the reduction to motorists PLUS additional savings in January. With more than 200,000 parking spaces and over 700 car parks nationwide the tariff boards and ticket machines in every NCP car park have to be reconfigured and updated, a significant undertaking. We are also using this opportunity to review pricing, nationally, to make additional savings for motorists possible, playing our part to stimulate the economy."
You may also want to watch:
The price increase to �5.30 is effectively a 12 per cent rise (0.60/4.70). I think FCC and NCP should explain this.
Andrew Rawnsley, Carvers Croft, Woolmer Green.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?