Parking fee hike is stealth rise
SIR – From December 1, there should have been a reduction in the car park price at Welwyn North to about �4.70 as a result of the VAT reduction to 15 per cent. This makes the price rise to �5.30 even more greedy in my opinion and effectively a stealth ri
SIR - From December 1, there should have been a reduction in the car park price at Welwyn North to about �4.70 as a result of the VAT reduction to 15 per cent. This makes the price rise to �5.30 even more greedy in my opinion and effectively a 'stealth rise'.
NCP who operate the car park have published this on their website:
"NCP and the VAT reduction
NCP supports the Government decision to reduce VAT and will pass on the reduction to motorists PLUS additional savings in January. With more than 200,000 parking spaces and over 700 car parks nationwide the tariff boards and ticket machines in every NCP car park have to be reconfigured and updated, a significant undertaking. We are also using this opportunity to review pricing, nationally, to make additional savings for motorists possible, playing our part to stimulate the economy."
You may also want to watch:
The price increase to �5.30 is effectively a 12 per cent rise (0.60/4.70). I think FCC and NCP should explain this.
Andrew Rawnsley, Carvers Croft, Woolmer Green.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire