Parking fee hike is stealth rise
SIR – From December 1, there should have been a reduction in the car park price at Welwyn North to about �4.70 as a result of the VAT reduction to 15 per cent. This makes the price rise to �5.30 even more greedy in my opinion and effectively a stealth ri
SIR - From December 1, there should have been a reduction in the car park price at Welwyn North to about �4.70 as a result of the VAT reduction to 15 per cent. This makes the price rise to �5.30 even more greedy in my opinion and effectively a 'stealth rise'.
NCP who operate the car park have published this on their website:
"NCP and the VAT reduction
NCP supports the Government decision to reduce VAT and will pass on the reduction to motorists PLUS additional savings in January. With more than 200,000 parking spaces and over 700 car parks nationwide the tariff boards and ticket machines in every NCP car park have to be reconfigured and updated, a significant undertaking. We are also using this opportunity to review pricing, nationally, to make additional savings for motorists possible, playing our part to stimulate the economy."
You may also want to watch:
The price increase to �5.30 is effectively a 12 per cent rise (0.60/4.70). I think FCC and NCP should explain this.
Andrew Rawnsley, Carvers Croft, Woolmer Green.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!