Our prized garden city
Sir – Your picture of John Marks the chairman of the Welwyn Garden Society in Japan (WHT, April 23) is another reminder of how highly regarded this town is internationally. Apart from the architecture it is very important that the town is well maintained
Sir - Your picture of John Marks the chairman of the Welwyn Garden Society in Japan (WHT, April 23) is another reminder of how highly regarded this town is internationally.
Apart from the architecture it is very important that the town is well maintained. I am employed by the only relocation company based in Welwyn Garden City and frequently witness the WOW! from our international clients as they come over the White Bridge or recognise the view North from the Rooks Hill roundabout.
It is therefore vital that vistas such as these are carefully maintained - the trees pruned, the beds beautifully planted and perhaps more importantly the grass frequently cut, thus enabling so many citizens and visitors to walk or even lunch on the grass as summer approaches.
Walk now across Howardsgate and you can admire a magnificent display of spring blooms. Yes it may cost a bit to maintain this picture but it is vital to keep WGC the finest garden city in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Carnegie, Handside House, Handside Lane, WGC.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics