Our lives are being ruined by these noisy cars
SIR – Once again the Civil Service Motoring Club selfishly ruins the lives of residents of Hatfield and Welham Green. Sunday s event and noise started promptly at the New Barnfield centre at 9.45am and continued to almost 5pm. There was the constant sou
SIR - Once again the Civil Service Motoring Club selfishly ruins the lives of residents of Hatfield and Welham Green.
Sunday's event and noise started promptly at the New Barnfield centre at 9.45am and continued to almost 5pm.
There was the constant sound of engines revving and tyres squealing as drivers attempted to drive round the course. Despite almost annual complaints to the organisers, CSMA and also to the landowners, Herts County Council these speedsters from outside our county continue to come to inflict misery on anyone trying to sit quietly in their back garden.
They also enjoy a CSMA subsidy as the event only costs each driver �28.
I have copied information from their website and magazine.
Interestingly the cars are supposed to be silenced, but the throaty exhausts I could hear bore no evidence of silencing, they sounded as loud as my car when the exhaust has a hole.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 3 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 4 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 5 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 6 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 7 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 8 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
Dear Welwyn & Hatfield Times, I realise I will probably get ignored again as I usually do, but perhaps this time you could take up the cudgel and see if you could get a response from Herts County Council.
Graham Dainton-Smith, North Mymms, Hatfield.