Oldings lights face the wrong way
Copy of a letter sent to Hertfordshire Highways. SIR – Regarding the A1 (M) junction four, Jack Oldings Roundabout: Joining the A1(M) southbound at Oldings as you approach from Birchwood, the traffic lights do not face towards the approaching traffic,
Copy of a letter sent to Hertfordshire Highways.
SIR - Regarding the A1 (M) junction four, Jack Oldings Roundabout:
Joining the A1(M) southbound at 'Oldings' as you approach from Birchwood, the traffic lights do not face towards the approaching traffic, but away to the right at an angle of about 45 degrees (effectively facing towards Hertford).
This makes the stop signal very difficult to see and I have personally witnessed several red light violations by other motorists, not because they are deliberately jumping the red light, but because they simply can't see there is a light there at all.
You may also want to watch:
This comment was raised by me as a "complaint" on the feedback section of your website.
It was marked by you as being scheduled for some sort of remedial action, but after many months nothing has been done.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
Will you please correct this immediately and turn the lights towards the approaching traffic before someone gets killed?
C Curtain, Pankhurst Crescent, Stevenage.