Oldings lights face the wrong way
Copy of a letter sent to Hertfordshire Highways. SIR – Regarding the A1 (M) junction four, Jack Oldings Roundabout: Joining the A1(M) southbound at Oldings as you approach from Birchwood, the traffic lights do not face towards the approaching traffic,
Copy of a letter sent to Hertfordshire Highways.
SIR - Regarding the A1 (M) junction four, Jack Oldings Roundabout:
Joining the A1(M) southbound at 'Oldings' as you approach from Birchwood, the traffic lights do not face towards the approaching traffic, but away to the right at an angle of about 45 degrees (effectively facing towards Hertford).
This makes the stop signal very difficult to see and I have personally witnessed several red light violations by other motorists, not because they are deliberately jumping the red light, but because they simply can't see there is a light there at all.
This comment was raised by me as a "complaint" on the feedback section of your website.
It was marked by you as being scheduled for some sort of remedial action, but after many months nothing has been done.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
Will you please correct this immediately and turn the lights towards the approaching traffic before someone gets killed?
C Curtain, Pankhurst Crescent, Stevenage.