Now tree's a real danger
SIR – On June 11 last year you published a letter in which I mentioned that the end of a seven feet wall in the garage precinct in Birds Close was split from top to bottom. Cost of repair at that time may have been minimal. But now the wall is being des
SIR - On June 11 last year you published a letter in which I mentioned that the end of a seven feet wall in the garage precinct in Birds Close was split from top to bottom.
Cost of repair at that time may have been minimal.
But now the wall is being destroyed and will probably need to be rebuilt for at least the third time.
At that time I said that to do nothing meant that councilors must walk around with their eyes closed.
You may also want to watch:
Strange, this, as these are highly visible councillors, or so they claimed at the last council election!
But when someone does finally view the damage I suggest a hard hat is worn. Hanging down vertically, like a spear, from about 12ft is a, say, 10ft branch of a tree, directly above one of the garage doors. It could certainly kill.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
Where is health and safety when needed?