Now let’s plan for the future
Sir – In their letter concerning the future possibilities of Welwyn Hatfield s health services ( QE2 site should house a wide range of health facilities, WHT, January 9), Drs Lewis and Sherrard have raised some very interesting issues that merit wider de
Sir - In their letter concerning the future possibilities of Welwyn Hatfield's health services ("QE2 site should house a wide range of health facilities," WHT, January 9), Drs Lewis and Sherrard have raised some very interesting issues that merit wider debate.
Throughout last year's delivering quality health care for Hertfordshire consultation, the local NHS stated that both QE2 and Lister hospitals would continue to have a substantial future providing important health services for local people, whatever the outcome of the consultation process.
Your correspondents have picked up on the notion of a health campus, designed to provide much more than just the traditional NHS services. In describing how a local general hospital in Welwyn Hatfield could evolve to provide a wide range of co-ordinated clinical, social and welfare services, they have painted a picture of a vibrant future for local health services.
Over the coming weeks, we want to establish a community working group with all interested parties from the Welwyn Hatfield area as part of overall planning arrangements being set up by the NHS for the implementation of the changes.
You may also want to watch:
We are convinced that through working together we can map out a vision for local health services that is both innovative and exciting, reflecting the original proposals in the consultation that may have been hard for some to envisage at the time.
Anne Walker, chief executive, Hertfordshire Primary Care Trusts
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Nick Carver, chief executive, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust