Not music to our ears
SIR – My husband and I are very concerned regarding the proposal by the University of Hertfordshire to build a nightclub in College Lane. Exactly where is the site to be? We can only guess that it is to be at the top of College Lane – if so, then the so
SIR - My husband and I are very concerned regarding the proposal by the University of Hertfordshire to build a nightclub in College Lane.
Exactly where is the site to be? We can only guess that it is to be at the top of College Lane - if so, then the south Hatfield area loses yet again.
We already have the regular nights arranged for the beginning of term, etc., but to have the constant boom, boom on a regular basis would have an effect on residents health, bearing in mind that non-university people have to go to work early in the morning and many students notoriously do not!
Before the students rise up denying that statement - we live near many student accommodations and are very aware of their comings and goings. (We also know that there are many hard working students - that statement is not addressed to you).
Traffic that time of night will be seriously affected (plus doors banging, idiots revving, etc) or will the buses run to cater for the drinkers. Probably not.
If I sound a little biased, forgive me, we moved here many years ago because it was a quiet family area.
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 7 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 8 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
Now retired, we had hoped for a little peace. Sadly I believe that we are not going to get it.
Name and address supplied.