Not music to our ears
SIR – My husband and I are very concerned regarding the proposal by the University of Hertfordshire to build a nightclub in College Lane. Exactly where is the site to be? We can only guess that it is to be at the top of College Lane – if so, then the so
SIR - My husband and I are very concerned regarding the proposal by the University of Hertfordshire to build a nightclub in College Lane.
Exactly where is the site to be? We can only guess that it is to be at the top of College Lane - if so, then the south Hatfield area loses yet again.
We already have the regular nights arranged for the beginning of term, etc., but to have the constant boom, boom on a regular basis would have an effect on residents health, bearing in mind that non-university people have to go to work early in the morning and many students notoriously do not!
Before the students rise up denying that statement - we live near many student accommodations and are very aware of their comings and goings. (We also know that there are many hard working students - that statement is not addressed to you).
You may also want to watch:
Traffic that time of night will be seriously affected (plus doors banging, idiots revving, etc) or will the buses run to cater for the drinkers. Probably not.
If I sound a little biased, forgive me, we moved here many years ago because it was a quiet family area.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 6 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 7 Code Ninjas: Family launches club to teach kids how to code
- 8 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 9 Lesley Hewitt makes history at Brookmans Park Golf Club
- 10 CCTV appeal launched over racist graffiti and criminal damage at building site
Now retired, we had hoped for a little peace. Sadly I believe that we are not going to get it.
Name and address supplied.