Not music to our ears
SIR – My husband and I are very concerned regarding the proposal by the University of Hertfordshire to build a nightclub in College Lane. Exactly where is the site to be? We can only guess that it is to be at the top of College Lane – if so, then the so
SIR - My husband and I are very concerned regarding the proposal by the University of Hertfordshire to build a nightclub in College Lane.
Exactly where is the site to be? We can only guess that it is to be at the top of College Lane - if so, then the south Hatfield area loses yet again.
We already have the regular nights arranged for the beginning of term, etc., but to have the constant boom, boom on a regular basis would have an effect on residents health, bearing in mind that non-university people have to go to work early in the morning and many students notoriously do not!
Before the students rise up denying that statement - we live near many student accommodations and are very aware of their comings and goings. (We also know that there are many hard working students - that statement is not addressed to you).
You may also want to watch:
Traffic that time of night will be seriously affected (plus doors banging, idiots revving, etc) or will the buses run to cater for the drinkers. Probably not.
If I sound a little biased, forgive me, we moved here many years ago because it was a quiet family area.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Now retired, we had hoped for a little peace. Sadly I believe that we are not going to get it.
Name and address supplied.