Not keeping us posted
Sir – Some six months ago the post box on Canonsfield Road, Welwyn, was taken away for the repair of damage which was caused, I understand, when the box was undergoing routine maintenance. The location of this post box is only about half a mile from the
Sir - Some six months ago the post box on Canonsfield Road, Welwyn, was taken away for the repair of damage which was caused, I understand, when the box was undergoing routine maintenance.
The location of this post box is only about half a mile from the Oaklands post office, but that journey involves a steep hill and the opportunity to post mail at the top of Canonsfield Road is a crucial amenity for the many elderly people who live in the area. The posting facility at this point has been available to my knowledge for over 30 years and there has been considerable redevelopment in the area during that time. Mail was collected from the box at 4pm Monday to Friday, but that service is still missing.
On making enquiries to the Post Office Consumer Services today I was advised that they are still awaiting parts to repair the damage and it was thought that it might take a further two months before the work could be completed.
I believe that this situation reflects the attitude of the post office management to the general public and I suspect it is another example of curtailing a service without regard to their service commitment.
You may also want to watch:
Douglas Fanthorpe, Birch Grove, Welwyn.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics