Not keeping us posted
Sir – Some six months ago the post box on Canonsfield Road, Welwyn, was taken away for the repair of damage which was caused, I understand, when the box was undergoing routine maintenance. The location of this post box is only about half a mile from the
Sir - Some six months ago the post box on Canonsfield Road, Welwyn, was taken away for the repair of damage which was caused, I understand, when the box was undergoing routine maintenance.
The location of this post box is only about half a mile from the Oaklands post office, but that journey involves a steep hill and the opportunity to post mail at the top of Canonsfield Road is a crucial amenity for the many elderly people who live in the area. The posting facility at this point has been available to my knowledge for over 30 years and there has been considerable redevelopment in the area during that time. Mail was collected from the box at 4pm Monday to Friday, but that service is still missing.
On making enquiries to the Post Office Consumer Services today I was advised that they are still awaiting parts to repair the damage and it was thought that it might take a further two months before the work could be completed.
I believe that this situation reflects the attitude of the post office management to the general public and I suspect it is another example of curtailing a service without regard to their service commitment.
Douglas Fanthorpe, Birch Grove, Welwyn.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City