Not keeping us posted
Sir – Some six months ago the post box on Canonsfield Road, Welwyn, was taken away for the repair of damage which was caused, I understand, when the box was undergoing routine maintenance. The location of this post box is only about half a mile from the
Sir - Some six months ago the post box on Canonsfield Road, Welwyn, was taken away for the repair of damage which was caused, I understand, when the box was undergoing routine maintenance.
The location of this post box is only about half a mile from the Oaklands post office, but that journey involves a steep hill and the opportunity to post mail at the top of Canonsfield Road is a crucial amenity for the many elderly people who live in the area. The posting facility at this point has been available to my knowledge for over 30 years and there has been considerable redevelopment in the area during that time. Mail was collected from the box at 4pm Monday to Friday, but that service is still missing.
On making enquiries to the Post Office Consumer Services today I was advised that they are still awaiting parts to repair the damage and it was thought that it might take a further two months before the work could be completed.
I believe that this situation reflects the attitude of the post office management to the general public and I suspect it is another example of curtailing a service without regard to their service commitment.
You may also want to watch:
Douglas Fanthorpe, Birch Grove, Welwyn.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures