No way to solve housing problem
Sir – I am very concerned by your report (WHT, February 18) that Mr Shapps is suggesting a scheme [that] would suspend certain regulations on the standards of housing . Does this mean that our MP would be happy to see landlords exploiting homeless person
Sir - I am very concerned by your report (WHT, February 18) that Mr Shapps is suggesting a "scheme [that] would suspend certain regulations on the standards of housing".
Does this mean that our MP would be happy to see landlords exploiting homeless persons by letting sub-standard properties? It is already difficult for tenants to "persuade" landlords to maintain properties to reasonable standards.
Your report seems to suggest that he would like to change the law to allow landlords to let properties which are, under present legislation, considered uninhabitable.
I am surprised that his proposal seems to get the support of his party leader as it is no way to solve the housing problem.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Bell, Brockswood Lane, WGC.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!