No way to solve housing problem
Sir – I am very concerned by your report (WHT, February 18) that Mr Shapps is suggesting a scheme [that] would suspend certain regulations on the standards of housing . Does this mean that our MP would be happy to see landlords exploiting homeless person
Sir - I am very concerned by your report (WHT, February 18) that Mr Shapps is suggesting a "scheme [that] would suspend certain regulations on the standards of housing".
Does this mean that our MP would be happy to see landlords exploiting homeless persons by letting sub-standard properties? It is already difficult for tenants to "persuade" landlords to maintain properties to reasonable standards.
Your report seems to suggest that he would like to change the law to allow landlords to let properties which are, under present legislation, considered uninhabitable.
I am surprised that his proposal seems to get the support of his party leader as it is no way to solve the housing problem.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Bell, Brockswood Lane, WGC.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?