No way to solve housing problem
Sir – I am very concerned by your report (WHT, February 18) that Mr Shapps is suggesting a scheme [that] would suspend certain regulations on the standards of housing . Does this mean that our MP would be happy to see landlords exploiting homeless person
Sir - I am very concerned by your report (WHT, February 18) that Mr Shapps is suggesting a "scheme [that] would suspend certain regulations on the standards of housing".
Does this mean that our MP would be happy to see landlords exploiting homeless persons by letting sub-standard properties? It is already difficult for tenants to "persuade" landlords to maintain properties to reasonable standards.
Your report seems to suggest that he would like to change the law to allow landlords to let properties which are, under present legislation, considered uninhabitable.
I am surprised that his proposal seems to get the support of his party leader as it is no way to solve the housing problem.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Bell, Brockswood Lane, WGC.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire