No time for more delay
Sir – I am writing to support of the letter from Dennis Lewis and Eric Sherrard (January 9th) which was very well thought out. I attended the Fielder Centre on December 19 and did witness the decision taken by all four trusts. Whatever our views are abo
Sir - I am writing to support of the letter from Dennis Lewis and Eric Sherrard (January 9th) which was very well thought out.
I attended the Fielder Centre on December 19 and did witness the decision taken by all four trusts.
Whatever our views are about that decision, it is important to consider the staff working the organisations at this difficult time.
The healthcare staff in these trusts have undergone a series of changes since the merger of East and North Herts and have continued to provide a good service throughout that time.
All the trade union representatives are supporting staff and we need answers to two questions;
Will I have a job?
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
Where will it be?
Until this is known, morale will remain at rock bottom. NHS staff know the decision has been made and they want to move on.
While we all know that everyone wanted the Hatfield option, but that rug was pulled out from under the community's feet and we unfortunately have to live with the broken promises. The reason for this was that it was deemed unaffordable
However as the joint Trade Union's we fail to see what a judicial review would achieve, apart from delaying the process and upsetting the staff even more. We do not believe it will change the final decision.
Please let's put the uncertainty behind us and all move forward in partnership with all stakeholders, especially patients who deserve a decent, effective and well managed service.
Anne Wells, chair of the Staff Side, East and North Herts Acute Trust.