No show Tory saga a disgrace
Sir – The attendance record, behaviour and attitude of councillor Smith are a total and utter disgrace. His lamentable attendance record and lamentable performance as a councillor mean that residents of his ward lack the proper representation and support
Sir - The attendance record, behaviour and attitude of councillor Smith are a total and utter disgrace. His lamentable attendance record and lamentable performance as a councillor mean that residents of his ward lack the proper representation and support they deserve. It is entirely impossible to do the job
properly just by email.
If councillor Smith were employed by a normal type of employer he would have been subject to regular disciplinary action for his attendance and performance in the job.
Inevitably and justifiably, this would result in his dismissal.
You may also want to watch:
Another problem we have is the political party he belongs to. The council leader and the Conservative party appear to condone his performance and continue to support him in his elected office. This, in itself, is also an utter disgrace.
Brian Wilson, Parkhouse Court, Hatfield.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign