No care for one another
SIR – I am writing to you as I am outraged by certain people and their lack of common kindness. A fortnight ago at 1pm, as I approached the front of the Howard Centre, I saw a middle aged lady lying face down on the pavement, people were just walking pas
SIR - I am writing to you as I am outraged by certain people and their lack of common kindness. A fortnight ago at 1pm, as I approached the front of the Howard Centre, I saw a middle aged lady lying face down on the pavement, people were just walking past this poor woman, as I got nearer I noticed a young girl desperately trying to help the lady and looking quite panicked.
Just as I got to were they were I noticed a young gentlemen step over the poor lady's feet! I was totally disgusted by the way people did not stop to help. The town centre was packed, and there were people sat on benches not six feet away from her! What an earth is going on in the world?
In the end we managed to get the lady up and thankfully she was able to get in a taxi and nip off to the QE2.
I hope if any of your readers see this letter and they were there, I hope it pricks their conscience. Next time it could be their mother, grandmother, sister, daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar