No care for one another
SIR – I am writing to you as I am outraged by certain people and their lack of common kindness. A fortnight ago at 1pm, as I approached the front of the Howard Centre, I saw a middle aged lady lying face down on the pavement, people were just walking pas
SIR - I am writing to you as I am outraged by certain people and their lack of common kindness. A fortnight ago at 1pm, as I approached the front of the Howard Centre, I saw a middle aged lady lying face down on the pavement, people were just walking past this poor woman, as I got nearer I noticed a young girl desperately trying to help the lady and looking quite panicked.
Just as I got to were they were I noticed a young gentlemen step over the poor lady's feet! I was totally disgusted by the way people did not stop to help. The town centre was packed, and there were people sat on benches not six feet away from her! What an earth is going on in the world?
In the end we managed to get the lady up and thankfully she was able to get in a taxi and nip off to the QE2.
I hope if any of your readers see this letter and they were there, I hope it pricks their conscience. Next time it could be their mother, grandmother, sister, daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost