No care for one another
SIR – I am writing to you as I am outraged by certain people and their lack of common kindness. A fortnight ago at 1pm, as I approached the front of the Howard Centre, I saw a middle aged lady lying face down on the pavement, people were just walking pas
SIR - I am writing to you as I am outraged by certain people and their lack of common kindness. A fortnight ago at 1pm, as I approached the front of the Howard Centre, I saw a middle aged lady lying face down on the pavement, people were just walking past this poor woman, as I got nearer I noticed a young girl desperately trying to help the lady and looking quite panicked.
Just as I got to were they were I noticed a young gentlemen step over the poor lady's feet! I was totally disgusted by the way people did not stop to help. The town centre was packed, and there were people sat on benches not six feet away from her! What an earth is going on in the world?
In the end we managed to get the lady up and thankfully she was able to get in a taxi and nip off to the QE2.
I hope if any of your readers see this letter and they were there, I hope it pricks their conscience. Next time it could be their mother, grandmother, sister, daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield