Near miss with Hatfield cyclist
SIR – I do not know Joanna Hillman [WHT front page, September 23] but I am so sorry to read about this horrific incident. My sympathy goes out to her and her family. I am writing to you as a similar incident happened to myself and my daughter while
SIR - I do not know Joanna Hillman [WHT front page, September 23] but I am so sorry to read about this horrific incident. My sympathy goes out to her and her family.
I am writing to you as a similar incident happened to myself and my daughter while walking through the town centre in Hatfield on our way to Asda last week.
We were walking past the taxi rank and the post office, where parcels are collected, and round the corner came a young lad on a push bike, rather too fast. He just missed us as he skidded to a halt inches in front of us, making us both jump out of his way.
He did not apologise and just laughed as he then cycled by us.
You may also want to watch:
I dread to think what would have happened if he had hit us.
I thought that cyclist were not allowed to ride their bicycles in a place where pedestrians are walking?
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
It makes me wonder how many other people have had very near misses of this nature.
Lyn Williams, Wellfield Road, Hatfield.