Near miss with Hatfield cyclist
SIR – I do not know Joanna Hillman [WHT front page, September 23] but I am so sorry to read about this horrific incident. My sympathy goes out to her and her family. I am writing to you as a similar incident happened to myself and my daughter while
SIR - I do not know Joanna Hillman [WHT front page, September 23] but I am so sorry to read about this horrific incident. My sympathy goes out to her and her family.
I am writing to you as a similar incident happened to myself and my daughter while walking through the town centre in Hatfield on our way to Asda last week.
We were walking past the taxi rank and the post office, where parcels are collected, and round the corner came a young lad on a push bike, rather too fast. He just missed us as he skidded to a halt inches in front of us, making us both jump out of his way.
He did not apologise and just laughed as he then cycled by us.
You may also want to watch:
I dread to think what would have happened if he had hit us.
I thought that cyclist were not allowed to ride their bicycles in a place where pedestrians are walking?
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
It makes me wonder how many other people have had very near misses of this nature.
Lyn Williams, Wellfield Road, Hatfield.