Near miss with Hatfield cyclist
SIR – I do not know Joanna Hillman [WHT front page, September 23] but I am so sorry to read about this horrific incident. My sympathy goes out to her and her family. I am writing to you as a similar incident happened to myself and my daughter while
SIR - I do not know Joanna Hillman [WHT front page, September 23] but I am so sorry to read about this horrific incident. My sympathy goes out to her and her family.
I am writing to you as a similar incident happened to myself and my daughter while walking through the town centre in Hatfield on our way to Asda last week.
We were walking past the taxi rank and the post office, where parcels are collected, and round the corner came a young lad on a push bike, rather too fast. He just missed us as he skidded to a halt inches in front of us, making us both jump out of his way.
He did not apologise and just laughed as he then cycled by us.
You may also want to watch:
I dread to think what would have happened if he had hit us.
I thought that cyclist were not allowed to ride their bicycles in a place where pedestrians are walking?
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
It makes me wonder how many other people have had very near misses of this nature.
Lyn Williams, Wellfield Road, Hatfield.