Mystery of bomber crash
Sir – I m writing a book about a Lancaster bomber that crashed on Colney Heath during World War Two, and I m trying to find any witnesses who saw the incident or who remember it in any way. Just before 8pm on Friday, October 22, 1943 a Lancaster bomber p
Sir - I'm writing a book about a Lancaster bomber that crashed on Colney Heath during World War Two, and I'm trying to find any witnesses who saw the incident or who remember it in any way.
Just before 8pm on Friday, October 22, 1943 a Lancaster bomber plunged into a field close to Warren Farm, Colney Heath.
The aircraft was on a training exercise. All seven of the crew were killed. The reason for the crash has always remained a mystery.
I have spent several years researching the incident to try and find a satisfactory answer. I would be most grateful to hear from anyone who remembers that night and has a story to tell.
You may also want to watch:
Harry Green, 101 Mendip Vale, Coleford, Radstock Somerset, BA3 5PP, or phone 01373 812531, or email email@example.com
l Do you have any information about this wartime incident? The WHT would like to hear about it too - Editor
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre