Mystery of bomber crash
Sir – I m writing a book about a Lancaster bomber that crashed on Colney Heath during World War Two, and I m trying to find any witnesses who saw the incident or who remember it in any way. Just before 8pm on Friday, October 22, 1943 a Lancaster bomber p
Sir - I'm writing a book about a Lancaster bomber that crashed on Colney Heath during World War Two, and I'm trying to find any witnesses who saw the incident or who remember it in any way.
Just before 8pm on Friday, October 22, 1943 a Lancaster bomber plunged into a field close to Warren Farm, Colney Heath.
The aircraft was on a training exercise. All seven of the crew were killed. The reason for the crash has always remained a mystery.
I have spent several years researching the incident to try and find a satisfactory answer. I would be most grateful to hear from anyone who remembers that night and has a story to tell.
You may also want to watch:
Harry Green, 101 Mendip Vale, Coleford, Radstock Somerset, BA3 5PP, or phone 01373 812531, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
l Do you have any information about this wartime incident? The WHT would like to hear about it too - Editor
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station