MP's interest has helped
SIR – As chairman of Digswell Place Riding for the Disabled Group I should like, through your newspaper, to express our gratitude for the enormous generosity of local people who read the website page which our MP, Grant Shapps, wrote following his visit
SIR - As chairman of Digswell Place Riding for the Disabled Group I should like, through your newspaper, to express our gratitude for the enormous generosity of local people who read the website page which our MP, Grant Shapps, wrote following his visit to our stables.
Depsite the rain, when Mr Shapps visited our stables he took a great interest in our organisation and took the time to find out about us and the rides we give to over 100 disabled people in the community and also how much those rides mean to them.
His consequent website page highlighting the funds we need annually, nearly £40,000, all of which we have to fund ourselves, has resulted in many generous donations and other forms of support and help.
All of which have made a real difference to our financial situation and helped us enormously.
You may also want to watch:
So may I say thank you again to Grant Shapps and to all those who have helped us.
If anyone would like further information about Digswell Place RDA please ring me on 01438 832651.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
Digswell Place RDA.