MP's interest has helped
SIR – As chairman of Digswell Place Riding for the Disabled Group I should like, through your newspaper, to express our gratitude for the enormous generosity of local people who read the website page which our MP, Grant Shapps, wrote following his visit
SIR - As chairman of Digswell Place Riding for the Disabled Group I should like, through your newspaper, to express our gratitude for the enormous generosity of local people who read the website page which our MP, Grant Shapps, wrote following his visit to our stables.
Depsite the rain, when Mr Shapps visited our stables he took a great interest in our organisation and took the time to find out about us and the rides we give to over 100 disabled people in the community and also how much those rides mean to them.
His consequent website page highlighting the funds we need annually, nearly £40,000, all of which we have to fund ourselves, has resulted in many generous donations and other forms of support and help.
All of which have made a real difference to our financial situation and helped us enormously.
You may also want to watch:
So may I say thank you again to Grant Shapps and to all those who have helped us.
If anyone would like further information about Digswell Place RDA please ring me on 01438 832651.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 6 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 7 Code Ninjas: Family launches club to teach kids how to code
- 8 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 9 Lesley Hewitt makes history at Brookmans Park Golf Club
- 10 CCTV appeal launched over racist graffiti and criminal damage at building site
Digswell Place RDA.