MP’s ‘impressive and informative performance’
SIR – The countdown to the General Election is now gathering pace so it is time for us all to focus our minds on who we want to govern us for the next four years.
To make the right decision we need to know where our elected representatives stand on the many issues facing our country and locality.
I urge all residents of Welwyn Hatfield to take advantage of our MP Grant Shapps’ invitation to attend his Grant Unscripted public meetings, a series of which is currently being held throughout the borough.
The first meeting was held at Beales Hotel in Hatfield and Mr Shapps’ offer to answer “any question under the sun” without advance warning was taken up with enthusiasm by the packed audience.
Mr Shapps answered a wide range of questions covering national and local matters including the economy, the latest plan for the redevelopment of Hatfield town centre, local healthcare and the relationship between the university and Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Much anger was expressed over alleged anti-social behaviour by some students that, it is claimed, continues to blight the life of residents, especially in Salisbury Village.
Unfortunately, lack of time meant that some questions went unanswered on the night, but mine were later submitted by email and were quickly responded to.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
Mr Shapps gave an impressive, interesting and informative performance and the opportunity to question him should not be missed.
Dates and venues of future Shapps Unscripted meetings can be obtained by ringing 01707 262 632 or via his website at www.shapps.com/unscripted.
Tickets are free but need to be pre-ordered.