MP’s ‘impressive and informative performance’
SIR – The countdown to the General Election is now gathering pace so it is time for us all to focus our minds on who we want to govern us for the next four years.
To make the right decision we need to know where our elected representatives stand on the many issues facing our country and locality.
I urge all residents of Welwyn Hatfield to take advantage of our MP Grant Shapps’ invitation to attend his Grant Unscripted public meetings, a series of which is currently being held throughout the borough.
The first meeting was held at Beales Hotel in Hatfield and Mr Shapps’ offer to answer “any question under the sun” without advance warning was taken up with enthusiasm by the packed audience.
Mr Shapps answered a wide range of questions covering national and local matters including the economy, the latest plan for the redevelopment of Hatfield town centre, local healthcare and the relationship between the university and Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Much anger was expressed over alleged anti-social behaviour by some students that, it is claimed, continues to blight the life of residents, especially in Salisbury Village.
Unfortunately, lack of time meant that some questions went unanswered on the night, but mine were later submitted by email and were quickly responded to.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
Mr Shapps gave an impressive, interesting and informative performance and the opportunity to question him should not be missed.
Dates and venues of future Shapps Unscripted meetings can be obtained by ringing 01707 262 632 or via his website at www.shapps.com/unscripted.
Tickets are free but need to be pre-ordered.