MP Grant Shapps backs local services
Sir – I say bravo to Grant Shapps! If there is ever an inkling of us losing an important local service (such as GP services), you can be absolutely sure that he will be there, raising awareness and speaking up for local people above anyone else.
Sir - I say bravo to Grant Shapps! If there is ever an inkling of us losing an important local service (such as GP services), you can be absolutely sure that he will be there, raising awareness and speaking up for local people above anyone else.
We have seen repeatedly that he will fight tooth and nail for the needs of local residents, whether it be a small, personal issue or something that affects the entire community. This is an essential service from an MP.
Contrast that with the Labour candidate for Mr Shapps' job and you find a man who is simply there to do his party's bidding. Mike Hobday is quite happy to sit back and trust the people who took away our hospital's services despite having promised us much more. GP surgeries might not have had a death warrant signed yet, but there is certainly the threat that it will be written.
But Mr Hobday is willing to 'wait and see'. What a dreadful MP he would make!
You may also want to watch:
Tim Hammond, Holme Road, Hatfield.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses