More to wrry about than street signs
SIR – Life is a funny thing. People complain about signs by the Moors Walk shopping centre. But surely the trouble outside the Oak Tavern Public House is a more serious problem. It seems to happen quite a lot, you print stories about trouble in or around
SIR - Life is a funny thing. People complain about signs by the Moors Walk shopping centre. But surely the trouble outside the Oak Tavern Public House is a more serious problem.
It seems to happen quite a lot, you print stories about trouble in or around the Oak Tavern on a regular basis.
But you never seem to hear people writing in complaining about the problems it causes, the the cost to the NHS, the money it costs the tenants and private house holders.
I would have thought the Oak Tavern troubles would have local people's attentions, before any signs advertising a shop.
You may also want to watch:
I suppose it is a sign of the times that people do not care about the troubles in their area, but care more about a sign at the side of the road.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 10 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home