More to wrry about than street signs
SIR – Life is a funny thing. People complain about signs by the Moors Walk shopping centre. But surely the trouble outside the Oak Tavern Public House is a more serious problem. It seems to happen quite a lot, you print stories about trouble in or around
SIR - Life is a funny thing. People complain about signs by the Moors Walk shopping centre. But surely the trouble outside the Oak Tavern Public House is a more serious problem.
It seems to happen quite a lot, you print stories about trouble in or around the Oak Tavern on a regular basis.
But you never seem to hear people writing in complaining about the problems it causes, the the cost to the NHS, the money it costs the tenants and private house holders.
I would have thought the Oak Tavern troubles would have local people's attentions, before any signs advertising a shop.
You may also want to watch:
I suppose it is a sign of the times that people do not care about the troubles in their area, but care more about a sign at the side of the road.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist