More to wrry about than street signs
SIR – Life is a funny thing. People complain about signs by the Moors Walk shopping centre. But surely the trouble outside the Oak Tavern Public House is a more serious problem. It seems to happen quite a lot, you print stories about trouble in or around
SIR - Life is a funny thing. People complain about signs by the Moors Walk shopping centre. But surely the trouble outside the Oak Tavern Public House is a more serious problem.
It seems to happen quite a lot, you print stories about trouble in or around the Oak Tavern on a regular basis.
But you never seem to hear people writing in complaining about the problems it causes, the the cost to the NHS, the money it costs the tenants and private house holders.
I would have thought the Oak Tavern troubles would have local people's attentions, before any signs advertising a shop.
You may also want to watch:
I suppose it is a sign of the times that people do not care about the troubles in their area, but care more about a sign at the side of the road.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man