More space for disabled
Sir – I am astonished that there hasn t been more of an outcry regarding the charges now being made at the QE2 car park for disabled motorists. It is bad enough charging able bodied people visiting the hospital, but to charge blue badge holders is
Sir - I am astonished that there hasn't been more of an outcry regarding the charges now being made at the QE2 car park for disabled motorists.
It is bad enough charging able bodied people visiting the hospital, but to charge blue badge holders is absolutely disgraceful and in my opinion totally immoral. On my last visit to the QE2, I counted 14 disabled bays, where I understand no charges will be levied - just 14! So now blue badge holders unlucky enough not to find one of these bays empty, will have to use the main car park and pay.
Apart from the charges, there is one glaring problem that seems to have been overlooked and that is, the parking spaces in the main car park are simply not wide enough for many disabled people. Most need to unload a wheelchair or other aid, to enable them to get into the hospital and there simply is not the room to do this. It's bad enough parking for anyone who drives anything bigger than a "mini" type vehicle, but many disabled motorists have to use bigger vehicles to accomodate their vital equipment. Also many are elderly and trying to squeeze out of a car door in a restricted space is almost impossible.
So what does the local health authority propose to do? To help ease the situation, more disabled bays are desperately needed, but I think that may be too much to expect, it might cost money!!
You may also want to watch:
R Bailey, Elm Gardens, WGC.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas