More lost causes
SIR – I sympathise with Keith McCourt on lost causes (letters, April 23) but without protest governments assume no problem – especially the present one – so I suggest he directs his comments to them rather than Grant Shapps. As far as I m concerned Grant
SIR - I sympathise with Keith McCourt on lost causes (letters, April 23) but without protest governments assume no problem - especially the present one - so I suggest he directs his comments to them rather than Grant Shapps.
As far as I'm concerned Grant Shapps is a considerable improvement on Melanie Johnson.
In Welham Green we have two specific concerns, the locations of the gypsy site and the incinerator.
All the local candidates in the forthcoming election state their opposition to these sites (for obvious reasons) but in my opinion they will be unsuccessful in getting them changed without stating alternative sites, so I predict more lost causes.
You may also want to watch:
Hubert Allen, Holloways Lane, Welham Green.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics