More lost causes
SIR – I sympathise with Keith McCourt on lost causes (letters, April 23) but without protest governments assume no problem – especially the present one – so I suggest he directs his comments to them rather than Grant Shapps. As far as I m concerned Grant
SIR - I sympathise with Keith McCourt on lost causes (letters, April 23) but without protest governments assume no problem - especially the present one - so I suggest he directs his comments to them rather than Grant Shapps.
As far as I'm concerned Grant Shapps is a considerable improvement on Melanie Johnson.
In Welham Green we have two specific concerns, the locations of the gypsy site and the incinerator.
All the local candidates in the forthcoming election state their opposition to these sites (for obvious reasons) but in my opinion they will be unsuccessful in getting them changed without stating alternative sites, so I predict more lost causes.
You may also want to watch:
Hubert Allen, Holloways Lane, Welham Green.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12