More lost causes
SIR – I sympathise with Keith McCourt on lost causes (letters, April 23) but without protest governments assume no problem – especially the present one – so I suggest he directs his comments to them rather than Grant Shapps. As far as I m concerned Grant
SIR - I sympathise with Keith McCourt on lost causes (letters, April 23) but without protest governments assume no problem - especially the present one - so I suggest he directs his comments to them rather than Grant Shapps.
As far as I'm concerned Grant Shapps is a considerable improvement on Melanie Johnson.
In Welham Green we have two specific concerns, the locations of the gypsy site and the incinerator.
All the local candidates in the forthcoming election state their opposition to these sites (for obvious reasons) but in my opinion they will be unsuccessful in getting them changed without stating alternative sites, so I predict more lost causes.
Hubert Allen, Holloways Lane, Welham Green.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City