Money well spent
SIR – With reference to your article in the WHT regarding the recent refurbishment of the British Heart Foundation charity shop in our town centre. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be small-minded enough to criticise such a first class
SIR - With reference to your article in the WHT regarding the recent refurbishment of the British Heart Foundation charity shop in our town centre.
I find it hard to believe that anyone could be small-minded enough to criticise such a first class transformation.
Having worked for the Salvation Army charity shop, I know how important it is to provide a bright, welcoming facade to the shop entrance.
Surly this is an encouraging element in itself?
You may also want to watch:
The proceeds in any shop will be non-existent if the front window is dull and dreary.
I am sure the BHF knows better than anyone how much they can spend on refurbishing.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
I called in this shop on Thursday to see for myself what, according to some, was a waste of money.
All the staff were rushed off their feet due to a packed out shop. They were very polite and helpful; not forgetting this work is very often voluntary.
Many customers commented on the first class shop front. I rest my case! So the cost involved will be recouped very quickly!
June Figg, Ingles, WGC.