Meeting with Hatfield traders
In response to several letters about the town centre redevelopment, I would like to reassure everyone that the Council is doing everything in its power to progress the redevelopment, but the uncertain economic factors facing the whole country have
In response to several letters about the town centre redevelopment, I would like to reassure everyone that the Council is doing everything in its power to progress the redevelopment, but the uncertain economic factors facing the whole country have impacted on retailers committing to new retail outlets, not only in Hatfield but nationally.
We continue to be totally committed with our partners to the Hatfield town centre scheme, and meetings between Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council, St. Modwen and English Partnerships are ongoing to establish how best to deliver the scheme during this period of economic uncertainty.
Another element we are currently working on is ensuring retailers have the support they need to operate in the town centre during this difficult time. To get some initiatives moving we are meeting with retailers this week (tonight, Thursday). We will be proposing interim improvements for the town centre as well as listening to their ideas and concerns.
Redeveloping the town centre is a top priority for the council and we are determined to do everything possible to make it happen.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council