Making football club cater for crowds it won't get
SIR – I was appalled to read of the Football s Association decision to make the local football club install 100 seats and cover for another 100 (WHT, February 11). Unfortunately this kind of decision is happening to loads of smaller clubs up and down the
SIR - I was appalled to read of the Football's Association decision to make the local football club install 100 seats and cover for another 100 (WHT, February 11).
Unfortunately this kind of decision is happening to loads of smaller clubs up and down the country.
My biggest complaint against the Football Association is that unless these smaller clubs get a good run in the FA Cup or the FA Vase these facilities will hardly ever get used.
In Welwyn Garden City's case their average home gate for the season is probably no more than 50 or 60.
You may also want to watch:
The overall average crowd for the premier league of the South Midlands for a whole season is no more than 100.
Also the local council could help there local team by giving them permission as soon as possible to upgrade facilities instead of waiting till March 20, this giving them more time to do the necessary work instead of 11 days.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 10 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
Mick Reynolds, (non-league follower having seen football on nearly 850 grounds in GB), Windsor Road, Welwyn.