Make Hatfield a town to be proud of
Sir – I have lived in Hatfield for almost 50 years and, therefore, remember the Town Centre in its heyday. When I talk about the Town Centre to the older residents, they say to me: Do you remember when we had a Woolworths? What about Williams Bros
Sir - I have lived in Hatfield for almost 50 years and, therefore, remember the Town Centre in its heyday. When I talk about the Town Centre to the older residents, they say to me: 'Do you remember when we had a Woolworths? What about Williams Bros', and 'Wasn't Whites of Cheltenham a lovely shop!'
It seems to me all I have heard since before the local elections in May is that the regeneration of the Town Centre is on target, then, once the results were known, we were told 'oops! Sorry, we have had to shelve the regeneration.'
Can you honestly expect the people of Hatfield to believe that Welwyn Hatfield Council did not know this was going to happen - please, give us some credit!
I am not a political person, but I must admit that the only party to immediately call a public meeting to discuss this topic and try to get answers and a way forward was the Labour Party. I couldn't care less which political party called the public meeting. I would still have attended because I am passionate about Hatfield and its people and I believe we deserve better.
You may also want to watch:
Why was it that, although representatives from all the parties, Welwyn Hatfield Council and St Modwens were invited, only a member of the Liberal Party attended?
If Welwyn Hatfield Council are so committed to the regeneration of Hatfield, why could they not spare a couple of hours to come and talk to us, the people of Hatfield?
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Why do the various parties have to use our Town Centre for political point scoring?
May I make a plea to all the political parties to: 'PLEASE - FORGET THE POLITICS and work together to make Hatfield Town Centre a place to be proud of once again!'
Joan Hentall, proud to be a resident of Hatfield.