Sir – What a magnificent turn-out there was at St Etheldreda s Church, Hatfield for the memorial service of my beloved brother, Jim Hall, on Monday, October 13. He died September 20, in Shropshire. To date, the princely sum of £432 has been donated to the
Sir - What a magnificent turn-out there was at St Etheldreda's Church, Hatfield for the memorial service of my beloved brother, Jim Hall, on Monday, October 13. He died September 20, in Shropshire.
To date, the princely sum of £432 has been donated to the Church Restoration Fund where, I'm sure, many of us attended Sunday School, were confirmed, married or had our children christened. It would be great to see this beautiful piece of Hatfield's history restored to its prime condition once more. It would also be a fitting tribute to Jim.
I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of people who attended the service and I would like to thank each and everyone for making it a day that will live in my memory forever. Jim would have been so very proud.
May I also give special thanks to all of Jim's neighbours in Featherdell who helped him stay in his own home for as long as possible. In particular, Liz Mardle, his next door neighbour and John Drife, next door but one, who were on call for him 24 hours a day.
I would also like to thank Reverend Pyke for an extremely personal service, J J Burgess & Sons for their always professional attendance, the Gascoigne Cecil Estates for all their help and the Comet Hotel for a lovely reception afterwards.
Patricia P Parsons, Sunny Gardens, Newport.
- 1 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 2 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 3 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 4 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 5 Christmas gifts and hampers stolen from garden centre
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'It's incredible that this could save someone’s life'
- 9 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Runners get festive for Garden City race