Sir – What a magnificent turn-out there was at St Etheldreda s Church, Hatfield for the memorial service of my beloved brother, Jim Hall, on Monday, October 13. He died September 20, in Shropshire. To date, the princely sum of £432 has been donated to the
Sir - What a magnificent turn-out there was at St Etheldreda's Church, Hatfield for the memorial service of my beloved brother, Jim Hall, on Monday, October 13. He died September 20, in Shropshire.
To date, the princely sum of £432 has been donated to the Church Restoration Fund where, I'm sure, many of us attended Sunday School, were confirmed, married or had our children christened. It would be great to see this beautiful piece of Hatfield's history restored to its prime condition once more. It would also be a fitting tribute to Jim.
I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of people who attended the service and I would like to thank each and everyone for making it a day that will live in my memory forever. Jim would have been so very proud.
May I also give special thanks to all of Jim's neighbours in Featherdell who helped him stay in his own home for as long as possible. In particular, Liz Mardle, his next door neighbour and John Drife, next door but one, who were on call for him 24 hours a day.
You may also want to watch:
I would also like to thank Reverend Pyke for an extremely personal service, J J Burgess & Sons for their always professional attendance, the Gascoigne Cecil Estates for all their help and the Comet Hotel for a lovely reception afterwards.
Patricia P Parsons, Sunny Gardens, Newport.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics