London Marathon appeal
SIR - The ballot results for the 2009 Flora London Marathon are out! Congratulations to those lucky runners who have secured a place in one of the country s most exciting road races. On behalf of Meningitis Research Foundation I d like to ask anyone with
SIR - The ballot results for the 2009 Flora London Marathon are out! Congratulations to those lucky runners who have secured a place in one of the country's most exciting road races. On behalf of Meningitis Research Foundation I'd like to ask anyone with a ballot place who isn't yet running for a charity, to support us.
Competing in the London Marathon is as much about the experience of the event as it is about covering the distance. The camaraderie of competitors on the day is legendary, from the elite athletes to the fancy dress fun-runners. Run for the Foundation and be part of our team - we'll give you a running shirt and training programme to help you get (or stay) in shape, and we'll be there on the day with a rest area, refreshments and a sports masseuse to help soothe your tired legs after the race.
Support us and the sponsorship you raise will help our fight against meningitis and septicaemia. There are nine cases every day in the UK and six people a week will die. As a charity we rely almost entirely on donations to continue our vital work, so every penny counts. To run for us, call our fundraisers on 01454 281814 or visit www.meningitis.org
You may also want to watch:
Community Fundraising Manager
Meningitis Research Foundation
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022