Living in the QE2 'car park'
SIR – I live on The Pines development, off Ascots Lane which has become a car park for QE2 Hospital staff and I am completely fed up with it. Staff arrive as early as 7am and try to park in the same place every day, they even wait for residents to leave
SIR - I live on The Pines development, off Ascots Lane which has become a car park for QE2 Hospital staff and I am completely fed up with it.
Staff arrive as early as 7am and try to park in the same place every day, they even wait for residents to leave for work so that they can take their parking space! I quite often pass cars on Ascots Lane that don't even look for spaces in the hospital car park or on Ascots Lane, they just drive straight into Kingsley Court.
I recently visited the Lister Hospital in Stevenage and on leaving I noticed that surrounding housing areas had yellow lines outside their houses, I am interested to know if this applies to all houses adjacent to the hospital - maybe a Stevenage resident could advise?
Also the road that runs parallel to Lister Hospital has parking spaces available for up to 4 hours free of charge - why does this not apply in WGC as it would free up spaces for visitors to the hospital?
You may also want to watch:
Before the double yellow lines were painted in Ascots Lane I contacted WHBC several times expressing my concern at the dangerous parking and was told that they wouldn't paint double yellow lines as it would just move the problem to adjacent streets. And what did they do? Just that!
I understand that a consultation project is in the pipeline which will enable residents adjacent to the hospital to have parking permits which would stop the inconsiderate people parking outside our houses every day. Maybe WHBC could comment and let us know when this will be?
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
Just a few pointers to all those people who use this area as a car park every day - try and be considerate, leave enough space for people to get in and out of their drives, don't empty your rubbish in our road and don't park on bends or across junctions!
If you are reading this and you have the same problem, please, contact the council, the more people that complain the better the chance of something being done.
A very fed up resident!
(Name and address supplied).