Lister Hospital parking is a nightmare
Letter sent to Nick Carver, chief executive of East and North Herts NHS Trust. Sir – I recently had an 11am appointment at the Lister Hospital. I left home in what I thought was plenty of time to get to Stevenage from Hatfield and get parked. How wrong
Letter sent to Nick Carver, chief executive of East and North Herts NHS Trust.
Sir - I recently had an 11am appointment at the Lister Hospital. I left home in what I thought was plenty of time to get to Stevenage from Hatfield and get parked.
How wrong I was!
With 15 minutes to go before my appointment I was still driving round the car park and surrounding roads, trying to get parked. In desperation I knocked on the door of a local resident and asked if I could park on her drive, which she very kindly allowed me to do.
You may also want to watch:
I understand a multi-storey car park is to be built at Lister Hospital. In the meantime, with more and more people being referred to the Lister, the car parking problem can only get worse. May I suggest a park and ride scheme be considered, or is there another solution to this car parking nightmare?
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Chelwood Ave, Hatfield.