Lister Hospital parking is a nightmare
Letter sent to Nick Carver, chief executive of East and North Herts NHS Trust. Sir – I recently had an 11am appointment at the Lister Hospital. I left home in what I thought was plenty of time to get to Stevenage from Hatfield and get parked. How wrong
Letter sent to Nick Carver, chief executive of East and North Herts NHS Trust.
Sir - I recently had an 11am appointment at the Lister Hospital. I left home in what I thought was plenty of time to get to Stevenage from Hatfield and get parked.
How wrong I was!
With 15 minutes to go before my appointment I was still driving round the car park and surrounding roads, trying to get parked. In desperation I knocked on the door of a local resident and asked if I could park on her drive, which she very kindly allowed me to do.
I understand a multi-storey car park is to be built at Lister Hospital. In the meantime, with more and more people being referred to the Lister, the car parking problem can only get worse. May I suggest a park and ride scheme be considered, or is there another solution to this car parking nightmare?
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 9 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
Chelwood Ave, Hatfield.