Lister Hospital parking is a nightmare
Letter sent to Nick Carver, chief executive of East and North Herts NHS Trust. Sir – I recently had an 11am appointment at the Lister Hospital. I left home in what I thought was plenty of time to get to Stevenage from Hatfield and get parked. How wrong
Letter sent to Nick Carver, chief executive of East and North Herts NHS Trust.
Sir - I recently had an 11am appointment at the Lister Hospital. I left home in what I thought was plenty of time to get to Stevenage from Hatfield and get parked.
How wrong I was!
With 15 minutes to go before my appointment I was still driving round the car park and surrounding roads, trying to get parked. In desperation I knocked on the door of a local resident and asked if I could park on her drive, which she very kindly allowed me to do.
I understand a multi-storey car park is to be built at Lister Hospital. In the meantime, with more and more people being referred to the Lister, the car parking problem can only get worse. May I suggest a park and ride scheme be considered, or is there another solution to this car parking nightmare?
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 3 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
- 4 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 9 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 10 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
Chelwood Ave, Hatfield.