Lister Hospital parking is a nightmare
Letter sent to Nick Carver, chief executive of East and North Herts NHS Trust. Sir – I recently had an 11am appointment at the Lister Hospital. I left home in what I thought was plenty of time to get to Stevenage from Hatfield and get parked. How wrong
Letter sent to Nick Carver, chief executive of East and North Herts NHS Trust.
Sir - I recently had an 11am appointment at the Lister Hospital. I left home in what I thought was plenty of time to get to Stevenage from Hatfield and get parked.
How wrong I was!
With 15 minutes to go before my appointment I was still driving round the car park and surrounding roads, trying to get parked. In desperation I knocked on the door of a local resident and asked if I could park on her drive, which she very kindly allowed me to do.
You may also want to watch:
I understand a multi-storey car park is to be built at Lister Hospital. In the meantime, with more and more people being referred to the Lister, the car parking problem can only get worse. May I suggest a park and ride scheme be considered, or is there another solution to this car parking nightmare?
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Chelwood Ave, Hatfield.