Liberal Democrats should stop moaning
SIR – I have just read the unfortunate way in which the Liberal Democrats have decided to attack our MP. Their spokesman seems to think that Mr Shapps ought to be cancelling engagements with local residents and organisations in order to vote on a private
SIR - I have just read the unfortunate way in which the Liberal Democrats have decided to attack our MP.
Their spokesman seems to think that Mr Shapps ought to be cancelling engagements with local residents and organisations in order to vote on a private member's bill which was unlikely to pass anyway.
I can understand that the Lib Dems would rather Mr Shapps spent less time being a proper constituency MP - it would make it easier for them to campaign without someone who's so well respected by the community hanging around.
But wouldn't it be better for the Lib Dems (whose numbers seem to be dwindling in this area anyway), and particularly their Parliamentary candidate, to concentrate on saying what he'd do in the job, rather than moaning about what our current MP does? That would allow us something to vote on. If he continues down the 'not Shapps' line, I think I can predict where it'll get him.
You may also want to watch:
Harvest Mead, Hatfield.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022