Liberal Democrats should stop moaning
SIR – I have just read the unfortunate way in which the Liberal Democrats have decided to attack our MP. Their spokesman seems to think that Mr Shapps ought to be cancelling engagements with local residents and organisations in order to vote on a private
SIR - I have just read the unfortunate way in which the Liberal Democrats have decided to attack our MP.
Their spokesman seems to think that Mr Shapps ought to be cancelling engagements with local residents and organisations in order to vote on a private member's bill which was unlikely to pass anyway.
I can understand that the Lib Dems would rather Mr Shapps spent less time being a proper constituency MP - it would make it easier for them to campaign without someone who's so well respected by the community hanging around.
But wouldn't it be better for the Lib Dems (whose numbers seem to be dwindling in this area anyway), and particularly their Parliamentary candidate, to concentrate on saying what he'd do in the job, rather than moaning about what our current MP does? That would allow us something to vote on. If he continues down the 'not Shapps' line, I think I can predict where it'll get him.
You may also want to watch:
Harvest Mead, Hatfield.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College