Liberal Democrats should stop moaning
SIR – I have just read the unfortunate way in which the Liberal Democrats have decided to attack our MP. Their spokesman seems to think that Mr Shapps ought to be cancelling engagements with local residents and organisations in order to vote on a private
SIR - I have just read the unfortunate way in which the Liberal Democrats have decided to attack our MP.
Their spokesman seems to think that Mr Shapps ought to be cancelling engagements with local residents and organisations in order to vote on a private member's bill which was unlikely to pass anyway.
I can understand that the Lib Dems would rather Mr Shapps spent less time being a proper constituency MP - it would make it easier for them to campaign without someone who's so well respected by the community hanging around.
But wouldn't it be better for the Lib Dems (whose numbers seem to be dwindling in this area anyway), and particularly their Parliamentary candidate, to concentrate on saying what he'd do in the job, rather than moaning about what our current MP does? That would allow us something to vote on. If he continues down the 'not Shapps' line, I think I can predict where it'll get him.
You may also want to watch:
Harvest Mead, Hatfield.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced