Let’s not become a Tesco town
SIR – Re: Council s hopes in plans for key site (WHT, February 20): Oh yes, wonderful. Let s tear down an important part of our heritage and industrial archaeology and replace it with a lovely Tesco. Whose good idea was it to turn WGC into just anoth
SIR - Re: "Council's hopes in plans for key site" (WHT, February 20): Oh yes, wonderful.
Let's tear down an important part of our heritage and industrial archaeology and replace it with a lovely Tesco.
Whose good idea was it to turn WGC into just another faceless, anonymous, boring town, dominated by Tescopoly?
Will our town soon be filled with white carrier bags stuck in every tree or blowing in the wind, or will that land in fact just be left to fester because Tesco can't stand the thought of anyone else being allowed to own it.
You may also want to watch:
Keep the history, lose the supermarket.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone