Let’s not become a Tesco town
SIR – Re: Council s hopes in plans for key site (WHT, February 20): Oh yes, wonderful. Let s tear down an important part of our heritage and industrial archaeology and replace it with a lovely Tesco. Whose good idea was it to turn WGC into just anoth
SIR - Re: "Council's hopes in plans for key site" (WHT, February 20): Oh yes, wonderful.
Let's tear down an important part of our heritage and industrial archaeology and replace it with a lovely Tesco.
Whose good idea was it to turn WGC into just another faceless, anonymous, boring town, dominated by Tescopoly?
Will our town soon be filled with white carrier bags stuck in every tree or blowing in the wind, or will that land in fact just be left to fester because Tesco can't stand the thought of anyone else being allowed to own it.
You may also want to watch:
Keep the history, lose the supermarket.
- 1 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 2 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 5 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton