Let’s not become a Tesco town
SIR – Re: Council s hopes in plans for key site (WHT, February 20): Oh yes, wonderful. Let s tear down an important part of our heritage and industrial archaeology and replace it with a lovely Tesco. Whose good idea was it to turn WGC into just anoth
SIR - Re: "Council's hopes in plans for key site" (WHT, February 20): Oh yes, wonderful.
Let's tear down an important part of our heritage and industrial archaeology and replace it with a lovely Tesco.
Whose good idea was it to turn WGC into just another faceless, anonymous, boring town, dominated by Tescopoly?
Will our town soon be filled with white carrier bags stuck in every tree or blowing in the wind, or will that land in fact just be left to fester because Tesco can't stand the thought of anyone else being allowed to own it.
You may also want to watch:
Keep the history, lose the supermarket.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire