Let’s get rid of Panshanger airfield
SIR – Regarding the Panshanger airfield homes plan. I attended the recent exhibition of plans by Mariposa and thought they were well thought out, for example in providing road access from Herns Lane, and the natural screening barrier with existing
SIR - Regarding the Panshanger airfield homes plan.
I attended the recent exhibition of plans by Mariposa and thought they were well thought out, for example in providing road access from Herns Lane, and the natural screening barrier with existing adjoining homes.
It is good that there are plans to develop and grow WGC, and we do need more homes.
As for the airfield, I used to enjoy living near it.
I was one, like many, who benefited by walking my dog around the edge of the site. That was until, without courtesy or notice they fenced off the land and put up intimidating warning notices threatening steep fines for trespass.
They continue this 'keep out' approach today as they build trenches around their site, even bulldozing a log bench that someone made a few years ago alongside the public footpath providing a place to sit and watch the planes.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
I guess their message is clear; they don't want us.
Well if this is the contempt which they show to their neighbours then this is our opportunity to say, 'we don't want you'.
Let's get rid of the airfield and make a better use for this land.