Let’s get rid of Panshanger airfield
SIR – Regarding the Panshanger airfield homes plan. I attended the recent exhibition of plans by Mariposa and thought they were well thought out, for example in providing road access from Herns Lane, and the natural screening barrier with existing
SIR - Regarding the Panshanger airfield homes plan.
I attended the recent exhibition of plans by Mariposa and thought they were well thought out, for example in providing road access from Herns Lane, and the natural screening barrier with existing adjoining homes.
It is good that there are plans to develop and grow WGC, and we do need more homes.
As for the airfield, I used to enjoy living near it.
You may also want to watch:
I was one, like many, who benefited by walking my dog around the edge of the site. That was until, without courtesy or notice they fenced off the land and put up intimidating warning notices threatening steep fines for trespass.
They continue this 'keep out' approach today as they build trenches around their site, even bulldozing a log bench that someone made a few years ago alongside the public footpath providing a place to sit and watch the planes.
- 1 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 3 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 7 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 10 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
I guess their message is clear; they don't want us.
Well if this is the contempt which they show to their neighbours then this is our opportunity to say, 'we don't want you'.
Let's get rid of the airfield and make a better use for this land.