Let’s get rid of Panshanger airfield
SIR – Regarding the Panshanger airfield homes plan. I attended the recent exhibition of plans by Mariposa and thought they were well thought out, for example in providing road access from Herns Lane, and the natural screening barrier with existing
SIR - Regarding the Panshanger airfield homes plan.
I attended the recent exhibition of plans by Mariposa and thought they were well thought out, for example in providing road access from Herns Lane, and the natural screening barrier with existing adjoining homes.
It is good that there are plans to develop and grow WGC, and we do need more homes.
As for the airfield, I used to enjoy living near it.
You may also want to watch:
I was one, like many, who benefited by walking my dog around the edge of the site. That was until, without courtesy or notice they fenced off the land and put up intimidating warning notices threatening steep fines for trespass.
They continue this 'keep out' approach today as they build trenches around their site, even bulldozing a log bench that someone made a few years ago alongside the public footpath providing a place to sit and watch the planes.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
I guess their message is clear; they don't want us.
Well if this is the contempt which they show to their neighbours then this is our opportunity to say, 'we don't want you'.
Let's get rid of the airfield and make a better use for this land.