Let’s get rid of Panshanger airfield
SIR – Regarding the Panshanger airfield homes plan. I attended the recent exhibition of plans by Mariposa and thought they were well thought out, for example in providing road access from Herns Lane, and the natural screening barrier with existing
SIR - Regarding the Panshanger airfield homes plan.
I attended the recent exhibition of plans by Mariposa and thought they were well thought out, for example in providing road access from Herns Lane, and the natural screening barrier with existing adjoining homes.
It is good that there are plans to develop and grow WGC, and we do need more homes.
As for the airfield, I used to enjoy living near it.
You may also want to watch:
I was one, like many, who benefited by walking my dog around the edge of the site. That was until, without courtesy or notice they fenced off the land and put up intimidating warning notices threatening steep fines for trespass.
They continue this 'keep out' approach today as they build trenches around their site, even bulldozing a log bench that someone made a few years ago alongside the public footpath providing a place to sit and watch the planes.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
I guess their message is clear; they don't want us.
Well if this is the contempt which they show to their neighbours then this is our opportunity to say, 'we don't want you'.
Let's get rid of the airfield and make a better use for this land.