Sir – I am writing with sadness in my heart and a hole in my pocket. I recently attended a Christmas party for staff of a school in which I work. I bought my outfit and paid my almost £40 for an evening out which is usually an enjoyable affair. Upon
Sir - I am writing with sadness in my heart and a hole in my pocket.
I recently attended a Christmas party for staff of a school in which I work.
I bought my outfit and paid my almost £40 for an evening out which is usually an enjoyable affair.
Upon arrival I discovered staff from another school were also attending the function.
You may also want to watch:
The evening started well and the food was delicious and I was looking forward to the entertainment.
The drinks started flowing and light-hearted fun was being had.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
However, a couple of teachers from the other school had decided that the evenings itinerary was not entertaining enough and decided heckling would be the order of the day.
This escalated to the point that one got onto the stage and shoved the compare. His microphone stand was taken, at which point the compare decided enough was enough and walked off.
If I had not been witness to this behaviour with my own eyes I would find it hard to believe.
By 11pm I had enough and decided to call myself a taxi. A minority had spoiled the evening for the majority.
I appreciate that everybody likes to let their hair down once in a while, however I feel when in a position of authority, certain standards should be adhered to.
I hope the offenders read this and hang their (probably throbbing) heads in shame.
Name and address supplied.