Sir – I am writing with sadness in my heart and a hole in my pocket. I recently attended a Christmas party for staff of a school in which I work. I bought my outfit and paid my almost £40 for an evening out which is usually an enjoyable affair. Upon
Sir - I am writing with sadness in my heart and a hole in my pocket.
I recently attended a Christmas party for staff of a school in which I work.
I bought my outfit and paid my almost £40 for an evening out which is usually an enjoyable affair.
Upon arrival I discovered staff from another school were also attending the function.
You may also want to watch:
The evening started well and the food was delicious and I was looking forward to the entertainment.
The drinks started flowing and light-hearted fun was being had.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 3 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12
However, a couple of teachers from the other school had decided that the evenings itinerary was not entertaining enough and decided heckling would be the order of the day.
This escalated to the point that one got onto the stage and shoved the compare. His microphone stand was taken, at which point the compare decided enough was enough and walked off.
If I had not been witness to this behaviour with my own eyes I would find it hard to believe.
By 11pm I had enough and decided to call myself a taxi. A minority had spoiled the evening for the majority.
I appreciate that everybody likes to let their hair down once in a while, however I feel when in a position of authority, certain standards should be adhered to.
I hope the offenders read this and hang their (probably throbbing) heads in shame.
Name and address supplied.