Sir – I am writing with sadness in my heart and a hole in my pocket. I recently attended a Christmas party for staff of a school in which I work. I bought my outfit and paid my almost £40 for an evening out which is usually an enjoyable affair. Upon
Sir - I am writing with sadness in my heart and a hole in my pocket.
I recently attended a Christmas party for staff of a school in which I work.
I bought my outfit and paid my almost £40 for an evening out which is usually an enjoyable affair.
Upon arrival I discovered staff from another school were also attending the function.
You may also want to watch:
The evening started well and the food was delicious and I was looking forward to the entertainment.
The drinks started flowing and light-hearted fun was being had.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
However, a couple of teachers from the other school had decided that the evenings itinerary was not entertaining enough and decided heckling would be the order of the day.
This escalated to the point that one got onto the stage and shoved the compare. His microphone stand was taken, at which point the compare decided enough was enough and walked off.
If I had not been witness to this behaviour with my own eyes I would find it hard to believe.
By 11pm I had enough and decided to call myself a taxi. A minority had spoiled the evening for the majority.
I appreciate that everybody likes to let their hair down once in a while, however I feel when in a position of authority, certain standards should be adhered to.
I hope the offenders read this and hang their (probably throbbing) heads in shame.
Name and address supplied.