SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and I in last week s election. We will do our best to work hard for all of our voters.With regard to Mrs Cook s comments, it is laughable that she should suggest there was ge
SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and I in last week's election. We will do our best to work hard for all of our voters.
With regard to Mrs Cook's comments, it is laughable that she should suggest there was "gerrymandering" as the cause of her losing out to a Conservative whitewash and that the boundary changes have cost her the seat.
This only too clearly demonstrates she has lost touch; the same as the Labour party have with the people of this country. In fact there is almost an implication that it is the electorates fault she lost her seat.
They have not engaged with the political process. The information they put out during the campaign did not connect with voters, otherwise they would not have lost 50% of their councillors.
You may also want to watch:
All they have done is criticised without any constructive ideas.
Nick Atkinson, Ellenbrook, Hatfield.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses