SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and I in last week s election. We will do our best to work hard for all of our voters.With regard to Mrs Cook s comments, it is laughable that she should suggest there was ge
SIR - I wanted to say thank you to the electorate for voting for my colleagues and I in last week's election. We will do our best to work hard for all of our voters.
With regard to Mrs Cook's comments, it is laughable that she should suggest there was "gerrymandering" as the cause of her losing out to a Conservative whitewash and that the boundary changes have cost her the seat.
This only too clearly demonstrates she has lost touch; the same as the Labour party have with the people of this country. In fact there is almost an implication that it is the electorates fault she lost her seat.
They have not engaged with the political process. The information they put out during the campaign did not connect with voters, otherwise they would not have lost 50% of their councillors.
You may also want to watch:
All they have done is criticised without any constructive ideas.
Nick Atkinson, Ellenbrook, Hatfield.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best