Kitchen help needed
SIR – Following the recent refurbishment of our day hospice in Hall Grove, WGC, Isabel Hospice is in urgent need of volunteers to help in the kitchen area. Following the installation of some wonderful new facilities we are, for the first time in our 26
SIR - Following the recent refurbishment of our day hospice in Hall Grove, WGC, Isabel Hospice is in urgent need of volunteers to help in the kitchen area.
Following the installation of some wonderful new facilities we are, for the first time in our 26 year history, able to provide, on site, our patients with high quality, nutritious food.
Spending a few hours each week in a helpful, caring environment as part of a team of staff and volunteers, can offer all sorts of opportunities to meet people and develop skills and interests.
Our chef now needs help with the preparation and clearing away of meals to ensure the highest standards of food hygiene are maintained.
We are specifically looking for volunteers to help in the kitchen around lunchtimes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, for around two and a half hours a day.
Full training will be given.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 6 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 7 Schoolchildren get lesson in robotics at University of Hertfordshire
- 8 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
If you would like to make a real difference to local people living with life-limiting illnesses we would love to hear from you.
Please call Jane Hollowday or Glynis Cracknell on 01707 382516 or 382517 as soon as possible.
voluntary services co-ordinator.
PS. If you would like to bake cakes for the hospice we would love to hear from you too!