Just right for bowls rink
SIR – I was very interested in the comments from councillor Perkins that the redevelopment of the Cereal Partners site is likely to include leisure facilities. In March 2006 we lost the indoor bowls facility at Gosling and I believe this potential redev
SIR - I was very interested in the comments from councillor Perkins that the redevelopment of the Cereal Partners' site is likely to include leisure facilities.
In March 2006 we lost the indoor bowls facility at Gosling and I believe this potential redevelopment provides an ideal opportunity to make up for the loss.
Therefore I think the council should consider an indoor bowls club in the development of the site, either inside the main building, which would probably want minimum changes, since I presume it would have a very sound floor, or separately on the site as an independent building. They could even consider providing television broadcasting facilities, which may attract additional members/supporters and could really put WGC on the map.
Other facilities that perhaps could be considered on the development are ten pin bowling and a youth club to cover all the age ranges.
You may also want to watch:
Gus Edwards, Broadfield Place, WGC.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire