Just right for bowls rink
SIR – I was very interested in the comments from councillor Perkins that the redevelopment of the Cereal Partners site is likely to include leisure facilities. In March 2006 we lost the indoor bowls facility at Gosling and I believe this potential redev
SIR - I was very interested in the comments from councillor Perkins that the redevelopment of the Cereal Partners' site is likely to include leisure facilities.
In March 2006 we lost the indoor bowls facility at Gosling and I believe this potential redevelopment provides an ideal opportunity to make up for the loss.
Therefore I think the council should consider an indoor bowls club in the development of the site, either inside the main building, which would probably want minimum changes, since I presume it would have a very sound floor, or separately on the site as an independent building. They could even consider providing television broadcasting facilities, which may attract additional members/supporters and could really put WGC on the map.
Other facilities that perhaps could be considered on the development are ten pin bowling and a youth club to cover all the age ranges.
You may also want to watch:
Gus Edwards, Broadfield Place, WGC.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses