Just more rubbish
SIR - How on earth can anybody think that more retail outlets can revitalise a town centre?It will just be another place to generate rubbish, provide a daytime hangout for kids and at night - nothing.This town could do with a few places for people to
SIR - How on earth can anybody think that more retail outlets can "revitalise" a town centre?
It will just be another place to generate rubbish, provide a daytime hangout for kids and at night - nothing.
This town could do with a few places for people to enjoy themselves.
How about some decent restaurants? A pub where you don't take your life in your hands after 8 o'clock would be an asset.
You may also want to watch:
But no - as always commerce and consumerism will win the day - next I expect a mega Tesco in Broadwater Road.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
Barry Chapman, WGC.