It's teeth that need gritting
SIR – The weather has once more brought forth the winter whingers. Ambulances, never mind snow ploughs and refuse collection lorries, find it hard to traverse residential roads because of the number of parked cars. Why cannot residents and shopkeepers/ b
SIR - The weather has once more brought forth the winter whingers.
Ambulances, never mind snow ploughs and refuse collection lorries, find it hard to traverse residential roads because of the number of parked cars.
Why cannot residents and shopkeepers/ business owners clear pathways as they used to do in the 50s and 60s?
Forty or 50 years ago when bad weather such as we've lately enjoyed were frequent, only bus routes were cleared and gritted. Forty and 50 years ago council services were not privatised.
You may also want to watch:
People in Welwyn/Hatfield have consistently voted for a party which promised to reduce rates/council tax. Result? You get what you pay for, so don't be surprised.
If you have decided to live in a very rural village or take employment 20 miles away then you must be prepared to do a little extra - like watching the weather forecast and rising from your bed earlier to dig your car out or even purchase a set of snow chains.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
To expect others to do basic things for you is both foolish and myopic.
Griping George, name and address supplied.