It's teeth that need gritting
SIR – The weather has once more brought forth the winter whingers. Ambulances, never mind snow ploughs and refuse collection lorries, find it hard to traverse residential roads because of the number of parked cars. Why cannot residents and shopkeepers/ b
SIR - The weather has once more brought forth the winter whingers.
Ambulances, never mind snow ploughs and refuse collection lorries, find it hard to traverse residential roads because of the number of parked cars.
Why cannot residents and shopkeepers/ business owners clear pathways as they used to do in the 50s and 60s?
Forty or 50 years ago when bad weather such as we've lately enjoyed were frequent, only bus routes were cleared and gritted. Forty and 50 years ago council services were not privatised.
You may also want to watch:
People in Welwyn/Hatfield have consistently voted for a party which promised to reduce rates/council tax. Result? You get what you pay for, so don't be surprised.
If you have decided to live in a very rural village or take employment 20 miles away then you must be prepared to do a little extra - like watching the weather forecast and rising from your bed earlier to dig your car out or even purchase a set of snow chains.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
To expect others to do basic things for you is both foolish and myopic.
Griping George, name and address supplied.