It’s snow joke as services have gone backwards
SIR – I am quite amazed that we live in 2009-10 and yet still, as reported last year, the council has not learnt its lesson.
Back in the 70s and 80s the council services still kept going; I should know I worked for them.
The gardeners and all council tractors were out salting and clearing paths, with the elderly and disabled bungalows first, then slopes and shop fronts around the areas.
I was called out on a Saturday morning and had my name down over the Christmas period to be called out.
Some mower machines had snow ploughs put on them.
You may also want to watch:
So what is going on? The services have not gone forward but back!
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings