It’s snow joke as services have gone backwards
SIR – I am quite amazed that we live in 2009-10 and yet still, as reported last year, the council has not learnt its lesson.
Back in the 70s and 80s the council services still kept going; I should know I worked for them.
The gardeners and all council tractors were out salting and clearing paths, with the elderly and disabled bungalows first, then slopes and shop fronts around the areas.
I was called out on a Saturday morning and had my name down over the Christmas period to be called out.
Some mower machines had snow ploughs put on them.
You may also want to watch:
So what is going on? The services have not gone forward but back!
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children