It’s snow joke as services have gone backwards
SIR – I am quite amazed that we live in 2009-10 and yet still, as reported last year, the council has not learnt its lesson.
Back in the 70s and 80s the council services still kept going; I should know I worked for them.
The gardeners and all council tractors were out salting and clearing paths, with the elderly and disabled bungalows first, then slopes and shop fronts around the areas.
I was called out on a Saturday morning and had my name down over the Christmas period to be called out.
Some mower machines had snow ploughs put on them.
You may also want to watch:
So what is going on? The services have not gone forward but back!
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street