It’s snow joke as services have gone backwards
SIR – I am quite amazed that we live in 2009-10 and yet still, as reported last year, the council has not learnt its lesson.
Back in the 70s and 80s the council services still kept going; I should know I worked for them.
The gardeners and all council tractors were out salting and clearing paths, with the elderly and disabled bungalows first, then slopes and shop fronts around the areas.
I was called out on a Saturday morning and had my name down over the Christmas period to be called out.
Some mower machines had snow ploughs put on them.
So what is going on? The services have not gone forward but back!
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 5 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 RSPCA rescue cats in Potters Bar waiting to find their forever homes
- 10 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year