It’s snow joke as services have gone backwards
SIR – I am quite amazed that we live in 2009-10 and yet still, as reported last year, the council has not learnt its lesson.
Back in the 70s and 80s the council services still kept going; I should know I worked for them.
The gardeners and all council tractors were out salting and clearing paths, with the elderly and disabled bungalows first, then slopes and shop fronts around the areas.
I was called out on a Saturday morning and had my name down over the Christmas period to be called out.
Some mower machines had snow ploughs put on them.
You may also want to watch:
So what is going on? The services have not gone forward but back!
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost