It is right Welwyn Hatfield takes action over binbags
SIR – It s about time action was taken here! I live just off Cunningham Avenue in Hatfield and the persistent rubbish has been a problem for a long time now. I think the main problem with rubbish is that it seems people living in the area are putting the
SIR - It's about time action was taken here!
I live just off Cunningham Avenue in Hatfield and the persistent rubbish has been a problem for a long time now. I think the main problem with rubbish is that it seems people living in the area are putting their rubbish out on a Thursday evening and then it sits there until the next Wednesday's collection.
This is dangerous for the environment with birds and foxes picking at the bags over the days leading to the next collections, with the contents of the bags spilling onto the pavements and roads.
The idea of issuing fines is a good one, it will be a deterrent to those who continuously abuse the rules.
You may also want to watch:
The whole proposal has my vote!
Darren Harrold, Hatfield.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night