It is right Welwyn Hatfield takes action over binbags
SIR – It s about time action was taken here! I live just off Cunningham Avenue in Hatfield and the persistent rubbish has been a problem for a long time now. I think the main problem with rubbish is that it seems people living in the area are putting the
SIR - It's about time action was taken here!
I live just off Cunningham Avenue in Hatfield and the persistent rubbish has been a problem for a long time now. I think the main problem with rubbish is that it seems people living in the area are putting their rubbish out on a Thursday evening and then it sits there until the next Wednesday's collection.
This is dangerous for the environment with birds and foxes picking at the bags over the days leading to the next collections, with the contents of the bags spilling onto the pavements and roads.
The idea of issuing fines is a good one, it will be a deterrent to those who continuously abuse the rules.
You may also want to watch:
The whole proposal has my vote!
Darren Harrold, Hatfield.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day