Isabel Hospice plea for unwanted Christmas presents
SIR – ISABEL Hospice is appealing for any unwanted Christmas gifts that we can use as raffle or auction prizes throughout the next fundraising year.
We have called it a Green Santa Appeal because we think it is a great idea for people to recycle any Christmas presents they don’t want or don’t have a need for.
We are appealing to everybody who may have gifts they couldn’t possibly use, slimming club members with chocolate they would rather not have hanging around to tempt them or even businesses that are unable to accept gifts like bottles of wine.
We have many fundraising events throughout the year and are always looking for good quality prizes to be used in our raffles and auctions.
Donations can be brought to our head office at 61 Bridge Road East, WGC, or taken to any of our 13 shops across our catchment area and tell them they are for the Green Santa Appeal.
We can even arrange pick up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01707 382547.
Please consider us this Christmas and pass this message on to your members of staff.
- 1 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 2 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 7 Seven-year-old writes MP letter about WGC homeless crisis
- 8 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
I would like to finish with wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a healthy new year.