In a bit of a fix over potholes
SIR – I have seen everything now. On a day when refuse collections are suspended because of the weather, replacement bus services are standing in for cancelled trains, and snow, ice, and partly-frozen puddles cover large parts of every road, what did I se
SIR - I have seen everything now. On a day when refuse collections are suspended because of the weather, replacement bus services are standing in for cancelled trains, and snow, ice, and partly-frozen puddles cover large parts of every road, what did I see?
Down our lane, a Highways lorry and crew were out making their usual pathetic attempts to patch the potholes.
You can't SEE most of them at the moment!
So when the thaw comes, a few random holes will have had the usual dollop of uncompressed asphalt thrown into them, while the rest will still be there as dangerous traps for the unwary.
You may also want to watch:
Why not wait for better weather, and then try to make a decent job of it?
I am sure there must be many things the road crew could be out doing more usefully in these conditions.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
Roger Beale, Hornbeam House, Ayot St Peter.