In a bit of a fix over potholes
SIR – I have seen everything now. On a day when refuse collections are suspended because of the weather, replacement bus services are standing in for cancelled trains, and snow, ice, and partly-frozen puddles cover large parts of every road, what did I se
SIR - I have seen everything now. On a day when refuse collections are suspended because of the weather, replacement bus services are standing in for cancelled trains, and snow, ice, and partly-frozen puddles cover large parts of every road, what did I see?
Down our lane, a Highways lorry and crew were out making their usual pathetic attempts to patch the potholes.
You can't SEE most of them at the moment!
So when the thaw comes, a few random holes will have had the usual dollop of uncompressed asphalt thrown into them, while the rest will still be there as dangerous traps for the unwary.
You may also want to watch:
Why not wait for better weather, and then try to make a decent job of it?
I am sure there must be many things the road crew could be out doing more usefully in these conditions.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
Roger Beale, Hornbeam House, Ayot St Peter.