In a bit of a fix over potholes
SIR – I have seen everything now. On a day when refuse collections are suspended because of the weather, replacement bus services are standing in for cancelled trains, and snow, ice, and partly-frozen puddles cover large parts of every road, what did I se
SIR - I have seen everything now. On a day when refuse collections are suspended because of the weather, replacement bus services are standing in for cancelled trains, and snow, ice, and partly-frozen puddles cover large parts of every road, what did I see?
Down our lane, a Highways lorry and crew were out making their usual pathetic attempts to patch the potholes.
You can't SEE most of them at the moment!
So when the thaw comes, a few random holes will have had the usual dollop of uncompressed asphalt thrown into them, while the rest will still be there as dangerous traps for the unwary.
You may also want to watch:
Why not wait for better weather, and then try to make a decent job of it?
I am sure there must be many things the road crew could be out doing more usefully in these conditions.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
Roger Beale, Hornbeam House, Ayot St Peter.