I will deal with town concerns
SIR – I would like to thank Mrs L Rolfe for her letter to the Welwyn Hatfield Times on July 28 [Time to start a town clear-up] and for stating very clearly that this is not a ‘student’ problem, but instead an important issue that should be addressed by everyone in the community.
This issue is not simple to tackle.
Where land is privately owned it is the responsibility of landowners to manage their property as they see fit, and people do not always have the time or money to do this.
However, I will be speaking to the local councils, MP and the university about how we may help to encourage change.
We must remember too, this is not an issue that affects Hatfield alone.
As a councillor for Hatfield West, I am also the lead member for ‘Town and Gown’, so would request that if people have any concerns about the town, they may direct them to me on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 690775.
I would also be delighted to meet with Mrs Rolfe to talk through her ideas and concerns.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 7 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 8 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 10 Welwyn Garden City BID renewed and funding secured following ballot
In this role I will looking to address residents’ concerns and, where possible, make a difference to a town that I love.
I have lived in Hatfield for most of my life and I am proud to live in Hatfield.
Cllr Kim Langley,
Lead member for Town and Gown,
Welwyn Hatfield Council.