I will deal with town concerns
SIR – I would like to thank Mrs L Rolfe for her letter to the Welwyn Hatfield Times on July 28 [Time to start a town clear-up] and for stating very clearly that this is not a ‘student’ problem, but instead an important issue that should be addressed by everyone in the community.
This issue is not simple to tackle.
Where land is privately owned it is the responsibility of landowners to manage their property as they see fit, and people do not always have the time or money to do this.
However, I will be speaking to the local councils, MP and the university about how we may help to encourage change.
We must remember too, this is not an issue that affects Hatfield alone.
You may also want to watch:
As a councillor for Hatfield West, I am also the lead member for ‘Town and Gown’, so would request that if people have any concerns about the town, they may direct them to me on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 690775.
I would also be delighted to meet with Mrs Rolfe to talk through her ideas and concerns.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
In this role I will looking to address residents’ concerns and, where possible, make a difference to a town that I love.
I have lived in Hatfield for most of my life and I am proud to live in Hatfield.
Cllr Kim Langley,
Lead member for Town and Gown,
Welwyn Hatfield Council.