I will deal with town concerns
SIR – I would like to thank Mrs L Rolfe for her letter to the Welwyn Hatfield Times on July 28 [Time to start a town clear-up] and for stating very clearly that this is not a ‘student’ problem, but instead an important issue that should be addressed by everyone in the community.
This issue is not simple to tackle.
Where land is privately owned it is the responsibility of landowners to manage their property as they see fit, and people do not always have the time or money to do this.
However, I will be speaking to the local councils, MP and the university about how we may help to encourage change.
We must remember too, this is not an issue that affects Hatfield alone.
You may also want to watch:
As a councillor for Hatfield West, I am also the lead member for ‘Town and Gown’, so would request that if people have any concerns about the town, they may direct them to me on either email@example.com or 01707 690775.
I would also be delighted to meet with Mrs Rolfe to talk through her ideas and concerns.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
In this role I will looking to address residents’ concerns and, where possible, make a difference to a town that I love.
I have lived in Hatfield for most of my life and I am proud to live in Hatfield.
Cllr Kim Langley,
Lead member for Town and Gown,
Welwyn Hatfield Council.