I will deal with town concerns
SIR – I would like to thank Mrs L Rolfe for her letter to the Welwyn Hatfield Times on July 28 [Time to start a town clear-up] and for stating very clearly that this is not a ‘student’ problem, but instead an important issue that should be addressed by everyone in the community.
This issue is not simple to tackle.
Where land is privately owned it is the responsibility of landowners to manage their property as they see fit, and people do not always have the time or money to do this.
However, I will be speaking to the local councils, MP and the university about how we may help to encourage change.
We must remember too, this is not an issue that affects Hatfield alone.
You may also want to watch:
As a councillor for Hatfield West, I am also the lead member for ‘Town and Gown’, so would request that if people have any concerns about the town, they may direct them to me on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 690775.
I would also be delighted to meet with Mrs Rolfe to talk through her ideas and concerns.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
In this role I will looking to address residents’ concerns and, where possible, make a difference to a town that I love.
I have lived in Hatfield for most of my life and I am proud to live in Hatfield.
Cllr Kim Langley,
Lead member for Town and Gown,
Welwyn Hatfield Council.