Hertfordshire roads rough as ever
SIR – With regard to the article Dust hasn t settled in dangerous road works debate . It seems to me that this is just another shoddy quick fix by Hertfordshire Highways. Deciding to repair the ever-crumbling roads in Hertfordshire, by spreading
Proud to be members
SIR - Further to your article of August 5, relating to the refusal of The Shamrock Club [in WGC] to allow a banned individual to attend his uncle's wake.
As members of the Shamrock we are rightly proud of the reputation of our club. When we join, we agree to follow the rules and abide by our committee decisions.
We have an excellent committee here which undertakes its duties with diligence and pride.
You may also want to watch:
It is an honour to be members of such a well run association. Unlike so many other social clubs at this time The Shamrock has a waiting list to join.
I and other members would like you to explain how you would have liked our committee to have behaved.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
As an established and trusted local paper I would have expected you to applaud the stance of the Shamrock Club.
Woe betides that you report on some of the many good things that occur in the Shamrock Club.
Name and address supplied.
Editor's note: It is not for the WHT to judge or comment on whether the club's action was correct or otherwise. We purely reported the story, as we do all stories, accurately and in a balanced manner.