Hertfordshire roads rough as ever
SIR – With regard to the article Dust hasn t settled in dangerous road works debate . It seems to me that this is just another shoddy quick fix by Hertfordshire Highways. Deciding to repair the ever-crumbling roads in Hertfordshire, by spreading
Proud to be members
SIR - Further to your article of August 5, relating to the refusal of The Shamrock Club [in WGC] to allow a banned individual to attend his uncle's wake.
As members of the Shamrock we are rightly proud of the reputation of our club. When we join, we agree to follow the rules and abide by our committee decisions.
We have an excellent committee here which undertakes its duties with diligence and pride.
You may also want to watch:
It is an honour to be members of such a well run association. Unlike so many other social clubs at this time The Shamrock has a waiting list to join.
I and other members would like you to explain how you would have liked our committee to have behaved.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
As an established and trusted local paper I would have expected you to applaud the stance of the Shamrock Club.
Woe betides that you report on some of the many good things that occur in the Shamrock Club.
Name and address supplied.
Editor's note: It is not for the WHT to judge or comment on whether the club's action was correct or otherwise. We purely reported the story, as we do all stories, accurately and in a balanced manner.