Hertfordshire roads rough as ever
SIR – With regard to the article Dust hasn t settled in dangerous road works debate . It seems to me that this is just another shoddy quick fix by Hertfordshire Highways. Deciding to repair the ever-crumbling roads in Hertfordshire, by spreading
Proud to be members
SIR - Further to your article of August 5, relating to the refusal of The Shamrock Club [in WGC] to allow a banned individual to attend his uncle's wake.
As members of the Shamrock we are rightly proud of the reputation of our club. When we join, we agree to follow the rules and abide by our committee decisions.
We have an excellent committee here which undertakes its duties with diligence and pride.
You may also want to watch:
It is an honour to be members of such a well run association. Unlike so many other social clubs at this time The Shamrock has a waiting list to join.
I and other members would like you to explain how you would have liked our committee to have behaved.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Brookmans Park pub reopens with more outdoor space for eating and drinking
As an established and trusted local paper I would have expected you to applaud the stance of the Shamrock Club.
Woe betides that you report on some of the many good things that occur in the Shamrock Club.
Name and address supplied.
Editor's note: It is not for the WHT to judge or comment on whether the club's action was correct or otherwise. We purely reported the story, as we do all stories, accurately and in a balanced manner.